Ginger Chicken Recipe
I have made this recipe a few times and my family just loves it. It is so easy and quick. I am so excited to share it with you!
Please note that I did not include exact measurements but an estimate of what I usually add in the recipe since it all depends on the level of spice you and your loved ones prefer. I typically eyeball it as I cook and just add in how much I know will be enough for the amount of chicken and spice preference. Feel free to do the same and use this as a guide.
-1/2 cup of vegetable oil
-1.5 pounds of boneless chicken, cubed
-1 tablespoon of garlic paste
-1 1/2 tablespoon ginger paste
-Black pepper, as desired
-1-2 teaspoons of red chili powder or red chili flakes
-Salt, as desired
-3-4 tomatoes, chopped
-1 tablespoon of Chicken Ginger Masala (Laziza or Shan brand)*
-Thumb-sized ginger, cut into thin slices
-1-3 sliced green chilis
-Cilantro/coriander, for garnish
1) Heat some vegetable oil in a pot. Once heated, put the chicken in. Add in garlic and ginger paste, black pepper, and red chili powder/flakes (only a small amount, as you have to put in green chilis later).
2) Sprinkle in the salt, then cook the chicken thoroughly. Let all of the water from the chicken evaporate.
3) Take the chicken out.
4) In the same pot, add tomatoes and let them cook until softened.
5) Add only one tablespoon of Chicken Ginger Masala (Laziza or Shan brand)*
6) Once the tomatoes are softened, add the chicken back into the pot and stir well with the tomatoes.
7) Julienne the fresh ginger and add it into the pot.
8) Add in green chilis.
9) Garnish with some cilantro/coriander. Enjoy!
*You can buy the Chicken Ginger Masala seasoning mix at any international or Indian/Pakistani grocery store in your town or from amazon: Shan Chicken Ginger Seasoning Mix (Pack of 3) https://amzn.to/3y3m6pa
♡ Follow us on Instagram: @the.amommaly ♡
Disclaimer: the amommaly: team is not affiliated with any company/entity unless the amommaly: is sent products/goods/services by any company/entity for the amommaly: to try out and review.
Note: the amommaly: name and logo belong to the amommaly: and may not be used without expressed permission and consent from the amommaly: team.
Photographs and images used may be subject to copyright.